Hello all,

Can anyone recommend an on-line store (family or Aust owned if possible) for guppies?  I'm old enough to remember buying guppies for $1.20 so if I have to pay $7 I'd like the money to be local.

Not looking for breed quality but I do want some top colour as they are for an indoor pond.

Any suggestions/info appreciated.

Michelle

Thank you for the replies everyone.  I've exhausted the non-chain type local shops I'm afraid.  Used to be 3, one old gentleman passed away and the others are...not so good for what I want.  I will work my way through the options you've given me, thank you again.

Qld Mick, I had a couple of lovely outdoor ponds a few years ago.  They were pretty much self sufficient :)  It was great! Now I want to try an experiment with nice indoor one I have with a little waterfall and I need to stock up again.

I will send some pics through when I get it set up later this week.  It's a bit of a cobbled together job so I have to get the levels sorted first. :)

15 hours ago, Michelle Indoors said:

Thank you for the replies everyone.  I've exhausted the non-chain type local shops I'm afraid.  Used to be 3, one old gentleman passed away and the others are...not so good for what I want.  I will work my way through the options you've given me, thank you again.

Qld Mick, I had a couple of lovely outdoor ponds a few years ago.  They were pretty much self sufficient :)  It was great! Now I want to try an experiment with nice indoor one I have with a little waterfall and I need to stock up again.

I will send some pics through when I get it set up later this week.  It's a bit of a cobbled together job so I have to get the levels sorted first. :)

I have no idea why I didn't do an outdoor pond when I was up there years ago, maybe a bit harder for renters. Now I have some portable aquaculture tanks they would do the job but it's just crayfish outdoors over winter where I live at the moment. I have kept and breed guppies outdoors here during the warmer months though.

There were two good LFS in Townsville when I was there, not sure about now though. 

Here's the portable aquaculture tanks I was talking about, would do a wicked indoor planted pond but has mainly been used for breeding, they are 1000L full, but usually keep it a bit lower.

Also checkout these guys, The Guppy Palace | Nano Tanks Aquarium (nanotanksaustralia.com.au)

PA210091.JPG

PA210097.JPG

Hello all,

I thought I would just drop a couple of pics of where my little project is at.  Still got some fibre glassing to do, put a stand in for the water fall (not a brick!) and painting but it gives you an idea.  I have a nice little corner for this to go in the lounge room with tree ferns, birds nest ferns etc. to give it that rainforest vibe.

pond.jpg