Sign in to follow this  
goldenswimmers

Any Salvini updates ???

Hey guys,

I once had beautiful red bellied Salvini (both girls and boys had red belly's) courtesy of 1 G.Parker approx. 10yrs ago so there must be some good genetics ...lurking around.... :behindsofa: 

somewhere :eyebrows: !!!!

Smith's also mentioned they might have a source for good red bellied Salvini...but I haven't seen any fish in regards.

Anyone have any(?!) updates, sources or fish to help me relax :bowl:

u can get them here are a few great places to try neilsons marine mates and garden . mad aquariums . pet city . exotic fish conections . or u can pm fishking on here best of luck mate

And these guys(Ray or Kev:?) have actual red bellied Savini John?

I was thinking Smith's and Labyrinth for sourcing but will try these guys if you think it's a good lead for red bellied Salvini :boink:

Not keen to see more washed out flavourless Salvini that's all :faint:

On 13/09/2021 at 9:14 PM, goldenswimmers said:

Hey guys,

I once had beautiful red bellied Salvini (both girls and boys had red belly's) courtesy of 1 G.Parker approx. 10yrs ago so there must be some good genetics ...lurking around.... :behindsofa: 

somewhere :eyebrows: !!!!

Smith's also mentioned they might have a source for good red bellied Salvini...but I haven't seen any fish in regards.

Anyone have any(?!) updates, sources or fish to help me relax :bowl:

F1 or F2 Rio Candelaria local salvini came into Australia recently. A very popular and hard to source locale internationally known for the red in both males and female. My favourite locality and the adults these came from are crackers.  A few people got them and I believe Smiths also had them a while back as well. I know one fellow on here has F2 pairs starting to form now and hopefully has fry coming in the not too distant future to share. He is very knowledgeable and dedicated so I have confidence in great success. 

Anything in Australia that does not come from the F1 group I wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole. The longtime Australian lines are the most dreadful examples of the species. Regardless of how much the breeders like to talk about owning colourful salvini. 

22 hours ago, goldenswimmers said:

And these guys(Ray or Kev:?) have actual red bellied Savini John?

I was thinking Smith's and Labyrinth for sourcing but will try these guys if you think it's a good lead for red bellied Salvini :boink:

Not keen to see more washed out flavourless Salvini that's all :faint:

i will try and find out for u mate 

Sign in to follow this