johnbetta

hi every one if any body is intrested in catching blue eyes body is intr

hi if any body is intrested in catching blue eye the best spot i know of is at the logan river near the boat ramp there is a large amount there and some other very nice coloured rainbows all u need to catch them is a cast net and they are some wickedly bright ones there to 

And I'm thinking that you will end up with a big fine, as cast nets are not permitted to be used  in fresh water catchment's and I'd reckon the blue eyes would go through the mesh of a cast net.

On 04/10/2021 at 7:51 AM, Keepin' Aquatics said:

Cheers @johnbetta - Maybe we should arrange a little fish gathering morning, catch up for a beer and try collect some rainbows together as a forum unit?

your welcome and that would be great how are your guppies going

On 04/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, hamishh34 said:

Yeah big fine indeed using a cast net in freshwater. Please use legal methods for trapping. 

i didnt think a cast net in freshwater wasnt allowed

It's been illegal for decades, also, some traps are illegal,  depending on the size of the funnels and where you are going to use them in fresh water. As the old saying,  ignorance is no  excuse, check the state laws, before you go  fishing or collecting.  ;)

3 minutes ago, billfish said:

Cast nets and hoop nets like the ones used for hardiheads are illegal in tidal waters 

Any legal traps must be taggedwith your id or thefisheries will lighten yourcontents of your wallet

Casts nets are fine in tidal waters.

14 hours ago, QldMick said:

Casts nets are fine in tidal waters.

i meant non tidal waters....too much beer when writing that one......

When I did work experience with SEQ Fish, we caught hundreds of blue eyes, only problem is I'm not sure were we caught them, only it was salt (brackish).