I recently watched on YouTube an interesting vid about a big African breeder.  His ponds were made from concrete containers fro graves, and he had custom nets made to the width of the containers.   Looked so easy. 

Interested to see where you end up with this project.  

Steve

Finding the perfect net is very difficult. Depth of scoop, colour of material, size of mesh etc. Going custom is usually the best if you know exactly what you want. Finding the best knotless mesh is the hardest part. 

Even aquaculture grade nets can disappoint. I've imported these nets which are quite good but white scares some fish.

http://www.jonahsaquarium.com/jonahsite/netdipnet.htm

If you want a lighter grade net, twisting two strands of 3mm fence wire into a loose spiral will provide enough rigidity but be easy to bend for individual situations. 

If you want a sturdy net for bigger fish, 12mm hollow aluminium tube, a hand pipe bender and PVC pipe for  handle is good. 

One of my nets has a large wire frame opening on one side, a drawstring middle and a small wire frame opening on the other end. Scoop fish in the big end, drop the small end into a fish bag and pull the drawstring to release. 

For really fast fish or fish that hide/burrow, I use an electric stun catcher. You can dial the voltage up & down as necessary.