litigator666

Fish Sitter / Support Group

just arrived from holidays and thought to offer my assistance to fellow fishkeepers on my area as i found it hard to look for someone to look after my fish and dog.  

i understand its not easy to let people in our homes and we need someone who at least knows what they are doing and trustworthy. 

post here if you want to be on board of a group willing to give support to a local fish hobbyist in the area.  support may not be limited to fish sitting, but also loaning spare equipments if something fails, etc.

i'm close to Logan Ikea. i'm not looking at getting paid but hoping that if i need help someone can genuinely help and share their precious time.

what are your thoughts?

Definitely a tough one to let someone in. But agree with you about the challenges of finding someone that knows what they're doing. God bless my girlfriend for trying, but leaving her in charge of animals with written instructions and phone calls still has me on edge the whole time haha. 

There are certainly people on the forum I could trust, but that's because I have seen them around for years and haven't heard anything negative. Anyone new to the hobby would find it hard to get involved just due to the limited experience they have had with forum members. 

I am in Rockhampton and if anyone needed any help I would be happy to.

Would there be any legal ramifications for the helper if something was to go wrong? I am not knowledgeable on the area so forgive me if this is irrelevant. But would be good to know if there would be any issues if costly animals died or things broke under the others care.  

Likely it'll be based on Trust and Respect. Due care and diligence on each others property. 

For me, i just need someone that can be on standby if something goes wrong, ie unexpected power outages whilst away. i can organise feeding and regular visits to the neighbour.