WildfyreTV

Stumped on what to do

Hey,

Yesterday, I introduced 6 albino corydoras into my 33gal with my female apistogramma panduro. As a solo female, I was told multiple times that she wouldn't be too bothered by tankmates. However, she has been chasing the cories anytime they go near her 'territory' which is a large portion of the tank. She will even go to the other side of the tank to try and nip them sometimes. I have tried rearranging the tank, moved her cave to a completely new spot, but she is still quite aggressive towards them. I know this kind of early to ask these questions, as they probably do need time to adjust, but I've been seeing a lot of contradictory sources. Some people keep cories with breeding apistos in tanks even smaller than mine, but some say apistogramma shouldn't be kept with any other bottom dwellers, even when not breeding. Do I just need to give them more time? Or should I take the apisto out and replace with something more peaceful like a ram, or even more cories? I don't have any other tanks to put her in, I would need to find a new home or possibly return her to the fish store. I am quite attached to this fish, but I have wanted corys for ages and I don't want the stocking options of this tank to be limited by one fish.

i wouldnt try again for the sake and well being of the other fish as gingerbeer said the ciclide is agro at the best of times so respectfuly it isnt wise to try again may be better to re home the fish and may be try with a more camer childe that would be your best bet 

That seems to be the right thing to do... I don't know where I would rehome her to though. Just put up a gumtree ad? I would return it to the store I got her from, but I do want to make sure it goes to a good home...