WildfyreTV

FS - Apistogramma panduro female

Hey,

I hate to do this, but it probably for the best that I rehome my apisto so I can keep a community tank without unnecessary aggression. It's not really 'for sale', I will happily trade her for some aquatic plants or even give her away for free if you can show me you have a good home for her. Pickup only, in Southwest Brisbane around Kenmore/Chapel hill area. 

I have had the fish for around 8 months, I would guess she is just over a year old. About 1 1/4 inches to 2 inches long (about 5 cm). Has never had any health issues that I am aware of. She will eat sinking pellets, or as I have discovered crushed up floating ones too. She has bred before, but I did not hatch them and they ate the eggs. She had a male partner that died of dropsy a few months ago, so she is a lot less colourful than she used to be but if she has a male partner she will surely colour up again. 

If you need any more info or some pictures, just ask. All I really want is for her to have a good home.

What type of shrimp? I do want some shrimp for my native tank, but it is not cycled and still full of diatoms. Shrimp would also be pretty cool in the community tank, I don't think the corys would eat them, but I would probably want a dedicated setup because I've never kept them before. If you have a good home from her, I would be happy to give her away for free. I don't want to keep her in the bare bottomed qt tank for too long.

Those are some very nice looking shrimp. I have heard that corys will go after baby shrimp, especially if there is nowhere for them to hide. I have actually been looking for some pearlweed for potential cory babies to hide, but it's proven difficult to find here. 

Do the shrimp need specific water hardness or anything? My tank has a pH of about 7.4, any only 5 cories and a mystery snail atm. I do hope to get some more cories soon, I had 6 but one developed swim bladder disease after jumping out while being chased by the apisto.  

My tank parameters seem mostly suitable except for pH. Are those caridina or neocaridina? The website says caridina are more suited to lower pH, but neos are fine with pH up to 7.6 ect. 

Huh, I also just use town water, and my driftwood slightly lowers the pH as well. I guess it would be pretty interesting to give shrimp a try. What times are you available? Forgive me if this is obvious, but is there any way to private message on this forum?