johnbetta

is there any other members on here in the logan area even crestmead having trouble with the mains water since the local gov mucked around with it

is there any other members in the logan slash crestmead and other sarounding suberbes haveing trouble with there mains water sably since the local gov mucked around with the water saply to make it safer for people to drink i am having trouble it is now killing my fish and the vegies i grow and my house plants and the local gov says they cant fix it and wont even try not to mention the water has now mad me sick but thats ok i cant treat the water with prime it isnt working i tryed boiling the water but it is still toxic no matter what i try and it dosnt look like it will rain any time soon so what can i do the fish need water changes any one in the same boat

Yes, I lost just over a grands worth, of high end imported goldfish doing  water changes. Nearly lost all the cichlids and tropicals as well( catfish, got knocked hard ) , but seeing what happened to the goldfish ( stone cold dead, in under ten minutes ), I changed tactics. I drip fed all the tanks, and doubled up on the prime. Observing behavior, during the whole process. Dripped the water from a height, breaking the surface tension and letting some of the gas off. Also, many fish got eye damage. I feel ya, I'm not impressed. 

yes mate i have tryed that but had no luck i even tryed boiling the water then letting it cool down then aireded it for 2 weeks and still no luck i all so did a triple shot of prime with no luck so my next step is bottled water untill it rains again

On 04/08/2022 at 7:40 AM, JB said:

@johnbettathis might be a silly question but have you tested for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, hardness of the tap water before doing a water change to see what you are dealing with?

yes mate i did test every thing and it came up all great numbers for every thing and it isnt silly at all that was the first thing i all ways do before any water changes but thank u

On 03/08/2022 at 8:30 PM, MattG said:

Hey @johnbetta

I am sorry to hear about your challenges. I think you should have a chat with these guys https://www.seqwater.com.au/contact-us

If the water quality is bad, they might be able to investigate and get to the bottom of it. Good luck with it !

thanks i will get right onto that mate thanks again mate that should help me 

I don't think you will be waiting to  long for it till rain, you guys Always get rain down your way   in the SE corner:), just a nothing thing, do you add any salt to your tanks when doing water changes? I know there guppies,  but I used to add salt to my guppies when I was on Gladstone town water.

16 hours ago, hareysfish said:

I don't think you will be waiting to  long for it till rain, you guys Always get rain down your way   in the SE corner:), just a nothing thing, do you add any salt to your tanks when doing water changes? I know there guppies,  but I used to add salt to my guppies when I was on Gladstone town water.

yes i add marine sea salt to my guppys tanks on recommandation from a breeder who is all so a long time friend

12 hours ago, billfish said:

just seen on  a google feed that you guys around logan have had your water flushed with a disinfectant, thats probably the reason for fishy deaths

some leople complaining about smelly water and itchy skin 

ahh i new it was flushed but i didnt know the rest of what u just said until now

so i phoned the logan city council today and they told me the 2 ways i can fix the chlorine amount is 1 with prime and 2 vitamin c and a charcol  filter thats the best bets will give it a try