savage_roo

9000 liter fish room

1 hour ago, raycam01_au said:

we are just in the process of putting in a 13kva Generator hard wired to the house with Auto start and stop, cant wait,  will make it much easier when the power goes out, that n solar has made a huge diff

nice please let us know how things go

On 09/09/2022 at 5:13 PM, raycam01_au said:

we are just in the process of putting in a 13kva Generator hard wired to the house with Auto start and stop, cant wait,  will make it much easier when the power goes out, that n solar has made a huge diff

Is that a petrol/diesel or LPG gas generator? Are you concerned with fuel going stale? I'd also be worried about having a single generator running everything but I guess you could still keep a small portable generator spare. 

I have used Auto Transfer Switches for deep cycle batteries and inverters  but they all invariably failed. Even made my own switches in desperation. They switch over well, so fast that water doesn't even have time to fall before water pumps kick back but they fry the inverters when the electricity returns. Nowadays I use the inverter full time without the auto switch. The battery charger is capable of keeping batteries full despite the constant inverter draw. 

And several sets.