How much water are you planning on trying to reuse? You still will lose 3 out of 4 litres trying it, trying to make something like a bog filter with plants that rip into the nitrates would probably work better, or something like a refuguim 

26 minutes ago, billfish said:

How much water are you planning on trying to reuse? You still will lose 3 out of 4 litres trying it, trying to make something like a bog filter with plants that rip into the nitrates would probably work better, or something like a refuguim 

I was thinking of all my water syphoned water into a ibc then  through a filter system into another ibc then reusing back into tanks,I'm using @ 4500l+ per month

I think the point @billfish is making, is that an RO system does NOT recover 100% of the water going in.  At the very least 50%, and up to 75% of the water going in is diverted to waste, so that you'd only recover 50% or 25% of the water to re-use.   The way RO systems work is by concentrating all the nasties into the waste water stream - the nasties have to go somewhere, right?  This leaves a fraction only of the input water available for re-use.

So you'd still need 50% or possibly 75% of the water fresh from the tap, reducing very significantly the appeal of the idea.

Yes our town water is extremely cheap for such a high quality clean safe product. Even the tier 2 price is very affordable if you blow through your quarterly tier 1 allocation. 

You can easily and cheaply reduce your water consumption by slowing or removing your nitrate levels as well. 

A rain water tank sized to your needs for example.

Or circulate your tank(s) through your IBC's filled with bog or aquatic plants. Can put a planted IBC outside as well, water turn over does not need to be high. Turn off water circulation for winter if you have tropical fish. 

I actually go the other way and culture green water with outside IBC's on rotation to boost colour ' provide live food to my fish room but as this doesn't reduce nitrate I won't derail.

I collect and re-use some of my fish room waste water with a turtle pond down hill. The pond is used as a collection sump and I pump water out to an elevated rainwater tank which waters and fertilises the garden by gravity.