WhoWeR

Confused over names

Ok I am going to ramble on a bit but there goes.

I have some fish up for sale. I brought them as an albino form of Metriaclima fainzilberi (pombo rock). Now I don't see the name Metriaclima come up much on any of the places I read, so I fell into the stupid newbie trap of think it wasn't a common fish. The guy that I got the juvi's off of has been breeding these down from wild caught stock that was throwing albinos. Now these guys are throwing pure albinos. Making them worth more again, so I thought.

I had never bother to search just the first name Metriaclima. Just for the sake of it today I decided to. I now have no idea of what these guys are worth. I find that Metriaclima is a name that is also related to zebra etc, Pseudotropheus.

Man I hate all the scientific names, they are too hard to follow.

Basically it comes down to:

Do I have the right name of these guys?

and

What are they worth?

Thanks

Jenny

(Oh also to the guy I got these fish off, it's not that I don't believe you gave me the right name I just need to check for myself and I hate the scientific names. They are great fish, I just don't want cichlids anymore)

Jenny,

I would suggest a post on ACE - they are pretty good with the rarer stuff adn will let you know.

I reckon your price is good as is and got me to have a look and you should withdraw from sale until you know for sure what they are - they just might be worth more than you think tooo.

Those Rusty's are dirt cheap too. I had to remind myself I am moving away from mbuna.

DOn't want to swap for Neolamprolosu Multis do you?

I have always sold my fish cheap (well I thought so). That doesn't bother me, I'm not out to make a fortune on fish. It's a hobby.

I'm more worried that I have put to high of a price and I am ripping someone else off.

Thanks for the info.

Jenny