dem0n

Coarse Foam/Mesh for Sumps?

I want to get hold of some coarse plastic mesh/foam for my sump filter i am making. I am copying the design from Paul Talbot's majestic filter design in his cichlid DVD. In this he uses a green plastic mesh/foam he calls 'kadaharian mesh' (i could well have spelt that completely wrong as google gives me no hits.) This mesh is basically just used as a mechanical support for the filter wool so it doesn't sag through the big holes in the eggcrate. As detailed in my ameteur pic below :P

sump1.jpg

I tried clark rubber but the stuff they had there was too fine... looked like it would clog with detritus in no time.

Any ideas? :D

Cheers again for the replies... I ended up getting some gutter guard & laying it in strips over the eggcrate... seems like it will work well. I tried 2 different clark rubber stores to find that blue coarse foam but the sales ppl at both stores had no idea what i was on about :P they kept wanting to give me normal foam rubber because 'ppl use this in fishtank filters'. I couldn't seem to get them to understand i didnt want it as filter media as such... just as mechanical support. :roll:

but the gutter guard was cheap n will do the job! now i just have to buy the tank this new sump is going to filter!