billy111

Tank mates with a Saratoga Jardini

Hi, i recently got a young Saratoga Jardini and am raising him in a 3 foot tank by himself for the moment. I was wondering when i upgrade him to a 6'x2'x2' what tank mates can i put in with him? what are some species i can put with him?

Thanks, Billy

Silver dollars are a favourite, any big bodied fish that has some height about it won't be considered food.

Discus have been known to work :esup::esup:

Avoid most american cichlids when the toga is younger as they can be a little too aggressive.

Dave

Ide suggest bottom dwelling fish like Sleepy cod, Bullrout, Eel, Catfish etc. Midwater/Topwater fish may survive for a while but soon enough the Jar is gonna want to call it his tank and goodbye fishies. There are exceptions where they do live peacefully with other fish, my Jar used to live with a 40cm Sooty Grunter and the toga was 45 -50cm, they still had arguments and the toga was the king of the tank still though, i think the sooty was too big to eat and it was very fast lol.

Seph

i got jadi as well. i got him by accident don't know what it was lol it live with everything from black shark to neon tetras lol mine 2 lazy to chase other fishes and black shark beat him up :) this is in a 4 foot. Mine is small one 2 only about 6 inches.have to upgreat soon tho looking for 8x2x2

yeah they are an awsome fish, mines about 4 inches. i plan to move him into a 6x2x2 or an 8x2x2 depending on space at the time. i really wanna keep a barra with him but i dont too much conflict. plus get some archers and what not.

:nosey:

i kept my 30-35 cm jardini with a big tandanus and a big datniod and some silver $$$ they all got on

well but as with all fish each fish have there own personalities and aggression levels