hey all

i have 7 albino longfins 2 males and 5 females just getting to about the right breeding size and age females have been in a tank by themselves so 2 of them are quite fat and ready. they have been in the tanks with my calvus so been in calcium carb since fry. my question is tht people say how ph shd be closer to neutral for bristlenose but as myn have been in the higher side of ph will they breed in this ph water? or should i move them to a bare bottem tank

thanks

Hi Mate

Generally speaking I would say yes they would breed in your Calvus setup. Most Bristlenose are not too picky when it comes to spawning and are quite a hardy fish.

The only thing I think might be the problem will be the fry raising part, do you wish to rear them in the Calvus tank? Or move them to their own tank?

Etienne :alien:

well thats what i was thinking as i would like to move them to 4ft grow out tanks which would prob be bare bottom so the fry wouldnt handle it. so the adults should be okay to change there water conditions from high ph to neutral? wont interupt them to much?