Rod

Aquarium fish Wholesalers

Would you order fish from your LFS from a Wholesalers stock list published on the WWW  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you order fish from your LFS from a Wholesalers stock list published on the WWW

I'm interested in Dwarf cichlids and Killies....not many shops stock these fish.....recently picked up Nannochromis dimidiatus that I've been looking for for 36 years....NO SHOP IN BRISBANE got any in because they didn't know what they were and they were quite expensive....but I bought 2 pair!

I like to view Bayfish website to see what they have in stock....http://www.bayfish.com.au/

I often order fish....or ask for pricing before my LFS knows their available!

I know a lot of shops order from Aquarium Industries in Melbourne and they quite often stock rarer fish.....I've been sending them e-mails on a monthly basis suggesting they should publish their stock list (less pricing) on their website.....but I they seem to think they know better and my e-mails now are being ignored.

Am I alone?

How many people would like to see what the wholesalers have in their stock list and order from their LFS without having to ask everytime you visit their shop?

I certainly agree.

One thing about Bay - a lot of there fish go through before they get onto the web.

I reckon need a good store or two working for you - and they are the key to knowing what is on the lists. Only problem is that I like to browse and will but maybe once every 3 months on average.

Dwarfs are the next big thing and 2 stores I have spoken to are interested in getting more.