Sign in to follow this  
Jed

Molly fry

Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole aquarium thing and my mollies have jus had about 30 fry :) . I have them in a breeders box seperated from the mother but how long can i keep them in it for? There is 30 so its a bit tight for space but i dont have the hardware for another tank (i.e. another filter ect.) and i really want them to survive.

I'm feeding them baby brine shrimp and ground tropical flakes, is this a good diet for fry?

Cheers,

Jess&Jed

brine shrimp is the best and the good thing with livebearers they can eat it strait away.

they should be right in the trap for a few weeks.

anyway congrats on the drop

Thanks Rion.

We bought a new tank today that i may raise all of our fry in(guppies, mollie and swordtails). Is this a good idea?

Cheers,

Jess&Jed

How do i go about water changes to the breeders box or are they not needed? Most of the left over food and and fish waste falls in to the big tank through the holes in the bottom of the box but there's not much circulation in there.

Cheers,

Jess&Jed

depending on the amount of food/waste remaining in the fry saver you shouldnt need to do water changes on it itself but just the main tank it is in but if waste is building up you can use some air hose to suck out the waste. i also use a net at the other end in case i suck up fry and catch them and place back in fry saver but usually dont suck up any.. congrats on the fry and good luck

just remeber the fry will begin to brred after a good few weeks so if you are line breeding then you should separate males /females before this

good luck aaron

i give all my guppy fry 2 weeks in a 1ft tank then i move them to a 2ft tank this just gives the a chance of life as it is easier for the fry to find the food in a small tank

Sign in to follow this