Volkslid

Whats Happening to my Oscar

Any Help Appreciated,

I had 2 large Oscar's - 30cm. Unfortunatley one died about a 3 weeks ago due to bloat. My remaining Oscar has now stopped eating, He appears healthy enough & swims to me when I approach the tank but I cannot entice him to eat. I have tried different types of pellets, cubed beef heart, sliced rump steak & the live feeders I put in the tank are now taking over.Did a 25% water change 2 weeks ago & water quality is good. He appears to be hungry but even when he does attempt to eat he mearly chomps up whatever he gets in his mouth then spits it back out again.Does anybody know whats going on.

:?::?::?:

sulks

oscars are renowned for sulking maybe another tank mate will help

hard to find something suitable maybe some convicts or clown loaches but i reckon another fish will help him

I had one and when you turned on the light he sunk to the bottom on his side, but when you turned light off he swam normally and was happy dammn fish

peter

ps still check all the normal parameters ph hardness etc

Yeah,thought he maybe sulking but thought I would ask the question..

His poo still appears to be normal (the little there is of it) & the vent hole is not swollen or distended, I also added some rock salt when I did the water change just to cover my bases. If he does not improve by the weekend I thought I would get him some yabbies as he went crazy last time I got him some.

Cheers to all.

:lol::lol::lol: