FIIK

Southside Fish Group ?? or Regioanl Sections ??

Hi All,

First of all i hpoe this is the right place for this mods feel free to move.

I would like to start a fish "group" for the south side members of this forum as it seems that most trader's are either on the gold coast or the north side.

Maybe the mods could add an area for posting that has a regional section as this maybe easier to locate items where the petrol is actually cheaper than the product your going to pick up.

It is sometimes very frustrating when reading through post's to find that %80 of items are over an hour away :cry::cry:

I think it would Possibly improve the sales for regional trader's aswell ... me personaly i would more inclined to buy things 15 mins away than a minimum of a 2 hr turnaround trip. (for obvious reasons)

I guess all im saying if i could click on Southside trader i know i could buy any product listed there.

Then filter through post's and google maps at the same time :urgh: :urgh: :urgh:

Hope this will be looked at as i believe it would be a small improvement to an already impressive site.

Just my 2c

[_]c Cheers Luke

hi all,

no reason why we cant start something up. i am a newbie compared to most people here so would be looking to the more advanced keepers to have idea's on how to start up. but they will have my full support.

so spread the word and see what we can come up with ay

[_]c Cheers Luke

I disagree.

Why on earth you would want to go to all the trouble of trying to organise a new club on the Southside when there is already one there is beyond me.

Just attend the club that is already there.

THE AQUARIUM AND TERRARIUM SOCIETY OF QUEENSLAND

MEETING START 7.30PM

2ND & 4TH TUESDAYS OF EACH MONTH (MARINES)

& 3RD TUESDAY (FRESHWATER)

OFFICE OF DESLEY SCOTT

LOCAL MEMBER FOR WOODRIDGE

80 WEMBLY ROAD

WOODRIDGE

CONTACT; DANNY - 07 3344 2542

PHIL - 0417 797 994

Email—aandtsociety@gmail.com

The same goes for the Gold Coast;

GOLD COAST AQUARIUM SOCIETY

MEETING STARTS 8.00 PM

2ND FRIDAY OF EACH MONTH EXCEPT JANUARY

COMMUNITY CENTRE

LAWSON STREET

SOUTHPORT

CONTACT - DON CUTTING 07 5593 3092

Then if you decide you still want to start a new club, give me a call and I will give you as much help as I can.

Graeme :roll:

As far as I can remember there have been at least three attemps in the last 10 years to try and start an Ipswich club and each time they failed because of lack of interest in the area and none of the local shops would support them.

One of these attempts was by the A & T and as President of the A & T at the time, I remember attending the A & T Ipswich branch meetings for six months before they folded.

The meetings were held in the Croquet Club hall in Queens park of a friday night. But they folded because they only got 3 new members in that six months. Along with the couple that were already members that was a total of 5 people, not enought to get the club going properly.

There were more people travelling from Brisbane to support them than were interested in the local area. Pity really.

On another occasion there was about three families tried to get one going but just could not get any of the shops to support them so they just gave up.

With regards to have more trader sections I dont agree its a good thing

Yeah it might be alittle more effort to find out where the item is

Its still only 1 click on the topic to see where

Having more sections only makes the forum more cluttered and then people posting items up that most people will travel for will then post their items in all the sections anyways

As for clubs

Head into them and join them

Brad

Have sat back and watched this post develop and now make the following comments.

Would the Ippy or any other Club be just a get together of locals or run under the direction of QFAS and get Public Liability Insurance etc and have a committee etc who would be responsible for the activities of the club and collecting of fees, and payment of bad debts etc which is a big commitment of the committee. I suggest before they go down the Club track they speak to committee members of other clubs.

In relation to having more sub sections under the Trader Area this has been tried before on the original Queensland Cichlid Forum ( which I was and still am a MOD on) and there was from memory 4 sub sections set up, Brisbane, Gold Coast /Tweed, Sunshine Coast and the rest.

It did not work and was changed back to one area for the following reasons.

Most posts were duplicated in each sub section (over 65% of posts) and replies were the same.

Whilst a get together to buy, sell & swap fish sounds great also remember that the registered Clubs we already have and the money they get from the Auctions etc is why we have the types of fish we are allowed to keep is from by their submissions to the Government regarding the Noxious Fish List.

Baz

with regards to the trader section i am going to start posting with a better description.

for example: NS/WTS etc. , SS/WTB etc. GC/WTT etc. and just hope it catches on :P:P

if you think its a good idea, i ask you kindly to do the same :heart: :heart:

as for the club i have never been apart of one so as i mentioned you will have my full support no matter which way it goes.

Cheers Luke

Have sat back and watched this post develop and now make the following comments.

Would the Ippy or any other Club be just a get together of locals or run under the direction of QFAS and get Public Liability Insurance etc and have a committee etc who would be responsible for the activities of the club and collecting of fees, and payment of bad debts etc which is a big commitment of the committee. I suggest before they go down the Club track they speak to committee members of other clubs.

In relation to having more sub sections under the Trader Area this has been tried before on the original Queensland Cichlid Forum ( which I was and still am a MOD on) and there was from memory 4 sub sections set up, Brisbane, Gold Coast /Tweed, Sunshine Coast and the rest.

It did not work and was changed back to one area for the following reasons.

Most posts were duplicated in each sub section (over 65% of posts) and replies were the same.

Whilst a get together to buy, sell & swap fish sounds great also remember that the registered Clubs we already have and the money they get from the Auctions etc is why we have the types of fish we are allowed to keep is from by their submissions to the Government regarding the Noxious Fish List.

Baz

How the club would be set up and run would be up to the people concerned in the setting up of the club.

But no club is granted membership to Q.F.A.S. until they have operating regularly for 12 months minimum. This has been the case for a long time to stop the fly by nighters.

Remember that Q.F.A.S. itself is only a committee made up of representatives from the existing clubs as such members of Q.F.A.S. (other clubs) are always open to new clubs setting up and I am sure you they would help out with setting up a club if asked.

So far there seems to be only 2 or 3 people interested in a Ipswich/Western Suburbs club which is not enough by any stretch of the imagination.

If those interested can get a minimum of 10 people interested in taking on the responsability of running a club then, as I stated previously I would be willing help with the settup of a Ipswich/Western Suburbs club.

And I live on the Northside of Brisbane.

Agree with you Baz about the different trader sections it was a mess on that old forum for a while. Provided everybody has a location in their profile it is easy enough to determine how far they are away from you if you wish to purchase anything from them.