Has anyone tried this product?

Im looking for any feedbacks on this products.

This product was recommended to me for growing out my juvenile bristlenoses, however I have alot of problem trying to get it to sink to the bottom.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I use it, but have not tried it for my bristlenose fry. As for African fry, I was amazed when I first started using it, I could notice the growth rate and colour improve on all of my fry.

I have also given it to a couple of friends to try and they too were surprised how good it works.

Matt

With limited breeding experience, it is hard for me to judge improvements as such. But am very happy with the growth of my zebs and flamebacks and their colour. Like making flake sink it should mostly go if you rub between your fingers under the water, and rest will sink after soaking on the surface for a while.

you will notice you b/n fry at the surface trying to get the bits stuck to the sides.

all seem to like it.

cheers.

you can buy a crumble or a flake

i use it all the times i think its great

since using it my fish look brighter and more healthy and breed much much more

all my shelly fry and frontrosa love it and are so much better in color

not cheap but give it a go

Got a small container of it two weeks ago, my red forest jewel fry are growing well and showing color at a young age. My flameback colony is still very young but color has improved as well as breeding. I use it for my Endlers as well with great results...Good product but expensive

my 2 cents

aussiecanadian

There is a good comment about cyclops as food in a couple of Ad Konnigs books I have.

I have been using frozen cyclops for ages with good results.{Comes in the same packaging as frozen baby brine shrimp etc} It is larger than bb shrimp, so a good next size up food for fish when bb shrimp is too small. Very good for alto's, leptos etc. Lepto adults eat it too. {Keen eye sight}

I get mine off Brad. As far as I know. I am the only person that buys it off him.

Frenchy :D

Brad and Frenchy,

hate to say it but i think the convo is about a totally different product as to the one your talking about.

http://www.cyclop-eeze.com/

Check it out. Like a few people have said its not the cheapest but is great for your fish. Food also goes a lng way. Its not like you only get a week or two out of the food. I know some top breeders using it and they were saying there getting there fry out almost 3 weeks quicker than normal foods.

I have been trying it on gobies and humpheads and the growth rats are great. Catfish also love it, but its getting the food to them that could be the problem.

Adam

Adam Yes they are different foods but Cyclopeeze is made from Cyclops

Brad

:D I agree with Adam

The organisms in Cyclop-eeze are called cyclop-eeze and are a marine decapod (10 legged) microscopic crustacean.

They should not be confused with small freshwater crustaceans known as cyclops.....totally different beastie!

Cyclop-eeze is not made from cyclops :wink:

Cyclop-eeze is available frozen overseas

but as far as I'm aware is is only available as freeze dried or made into flakes here in Australia

I can only assume frozen cyclops are the freshwater specie?

Well its different but the same as far as I can see :D

Cyclopeeze is made from a 10 legged copecod also called a decapod thats is found in a lake in Northern Canada

Where the frozen Cyclops I get is a copecod found elsewhere n the world

Exact Location is difficult to find though it seems to be the saltwater variety

Brad

The 2 are very similar but they are found in cooler parts of the world. The so called freshwater cyclops are quite often found with daphnia and to what I know are a daphnia.(which isnt much) Most cyclops that are used in the aquarium game are the salt water variety due to ease of collection compared to the freshwater variety.

It seems of late the best foods are coming from the arctic region.

You will find more daphnia in winter rimein ponds too due to the fact they prefer coller water.

Sorry :)

Copepods aren't decapods and visa versa

Same family...

Decapods are brine shrimp,prawns,crabs etc

Copepods are cyclops,daphnia etc

Cyclops are genus of freshwater copepods.....there is no such thing as a salt water cyclops.....there are saltwater copepods.....but the name cyclops is reserved for freshwater only I believe.....If it is used to describe saltwater copepods then the name is used in error. :wink:

Daphnia are found all over Australia....I had some sent down from Northern Territory that only survive in warm water....I lost them over winter!

No worries Brad...

I've seen frozen saltwater copepods/plankton sold under the title "cyclops"

I suppose that's simpler than "saltwater copepod"

It is amazing How much totally incorrect information is published on the web....I've been caught a few times myself!

regards....Rod