crazyD

Transporting fish internation?

sorry to harsh your buzz but its probably not worth the effort and costs. If your that keen then I would start with what species NZ quarantine allow in. I have no idea on specifics but i'm pretty sure that they allow alot more in, just think you will be able to own L46 Zebras and alot more plecs ALOT cheaper than here. Stay on the board and send us pics to make us all jealous.

Then look at what they require regarding getting your fish inspected here before they leave the country.

If you just want a phone number call NZ quarantine. Those hard working guys on channel 9 who confiscated that banana that some guy was given during his flight on tuesday night or what ever night it was. Truly awesome TV.

The whole idea sounds a bit hard really, I mean are you going over setting up house, buying and cycling some tanks and then having someone send your fish over?

I don't think it will be worth your while trying to import fish into NZ as the quarantine over there is much more strict than here. I believe it's 6 weeks. You would also have to find a quarantine facility and most of them import fish for themselves so won't want to do it cheaply for someone else.

yeah try telling that to my missus hey.lol these 2 oscars are like family hey.

money is no concern in doing this...just if it can be done at all is the question?????

i will call nz customs tomoz and see what the go was.

tryd a mate at bay fish but he couldnt help