dave44

peacock bass and 6 bar frontosas

You may be able to get a pair of p/bass around the 25-30cm mark that are sold as a pair but as yet not hatched a brood for around the $300 - $400 mark but you run the risk of are they actually male & female???.For a known breeding pair of around the 35cm plus mark you would be looking at $500.00 plus.This would be for mono's not tem's. If you wanted tem's you would need to mortgage your house & that's if you were able to find a pair!!! I cant even find 1

i was just wonderin how exactly is one of the first ever and most common cichla introduced to aus is what u guys think is the most expensive and rare to find ? please elaberate :egrin:

LOL.. I have a better way that will help u see that they are rare... you find me a 30cm+ PBass for less than $130ea and I'll come and get them and will gladly give you a finders fee of $25 per fish.. Bet you cant do it, and if u can, well then I'll be happy...lol

thats a bit sad people gettin too greedy i think m8 . how are the feste goin buy the way ? gold heads have had there first brood for me only 20 or so but still somethin :egrin:

yeah, I saw them back then... but I have been looking for them for the last 3-4months and have only come up with 2... and most people want well over $200ea... :econf:

i sold mine for $180...

i got mine for free :)

theres a pair of monos at darra for $200 each about 30cms im guessing might be a pair dunno ....

raymond and kevin at rocklea (exotic fish connections) bought those tems around 15 cms from sydney i think it was the male died off ...

aef..so did they find a male did they ??

I have consistantly ran adds on this forum & scouward the net for large male peacock bass for sale & even offered a $50.00 finders fee for a 45cm plus male peacock bass for sale. Guess what NO replies so if theses fish are so plentifull why can't I find one. I bet if I was looking for a bristlenose or jag or others I would have been swamped with fish.So in there lies the basic fundamentals of bussiness SUPPLY & DEMAND. If there isn't that many about this naturally forces the price up.As for temensis all you have to do is run a search on this forum for temensis for sale & see what the history brings up."People getting greedy" please lets keep it real!!!!

I have consistantly ran adds on this forum & scouward the net for large male peacock bass for sale & even offered a $50.00 finders fee for a 45cm plus male peacock bass for sale. Guess what NO replies so if theses fish are so plentifull why can't I find one. I bet if I was looking for a bristlenose or jag or others I would have been swamped with fish.So in there lies the basic fundamentals of bussiness SUPPLY & DEMAND. If there isn't that many about this naturally forces the price up.As for temensis all you have to do is run a search on this forum for temensis for sale & see what the history brings up."People getting greedy" please lets keep it real!!!!

Yep totally agree with you mate.

How many of you have raised a pbass from 5cm to 45+cm? How much did it cost you to get it to this size? I recently bought a group of LARGE temensis...I was more than happy to pay the asking price because once you take into account the original cost of the fish plus the amount of money spent to feed these large fish (which is a **** load) not to mention the time and care put into growing them it was worth it.

$200 is more than reasonable for a large mono pbass. For those who disagree...go and buy yourself a juvie mono..thats if you can even find them :lol: and grow them out for the next 18-24 months. Come back and tell me if it was worth it.