GTR

What Filter Do You Use?

Fluval 405 filled with Matrix

Aquaone 2000L/hr Power filter with Sponges

5 Foot trickle filter filled with sponges and filter wool

For a 500L Tank :)

I think the Canister filter and the trickle filter work great, I only have the Aquaone one for extra flow (I used to have 2 but the other was too loud)

The trickle filter came with the tank but its great because I can reach the filter wool to change it much easier than if it was in the tank or in a canister

I might put some matrix in the trickle filter too so that it has a bit of wet/dry effect like a sump (since the canister and internal filter dont get much oxygen for the bacteria)

no name white 2000lph canisters with uv built-in, aquaone 104f with sponge and purigen on all three of my 3x2x2 tanks

and 103f plus sponge on my 2ft tanks.

love the no name canisters as have never had a problem with them and they are cheap to start with so more money on filter media.

2 x sumps on systems total about 6000 lts

9 hang on side filters mainly Aqua Clear on tanks from 4 x 18 x 18 down to 2 x 18 x 18

5 small internatl for show tank use only

1 canister - spare not used

16 sponge filters air driven breeding system

and about 6 home made filters

Graeme :roll:

Aqua one 1200 running eheim subrat pro, calcium carb, 1 bag of purigen.

&

FX5 with about 2.5L matrix, 2L of subrat pro, 2 bags of purigen, and dacron.

Both on a 5 x 2 x 2.5 - pretty happy with it, works very well, although the dacron has to to be replaced once every 2-3 weeks.

2 x Air driven sponges on a 4 x 1 x 1, works like you would expect, keeps the fish alive.

$375 i think got mine the other day ( 2-3 weeks ago ) i got 1L of matrix , some noodles ( big bag ) , seachems buffer and lake salt and something else and only came to $450 so the more u spend there the more u save ( as with the forum discount ) , great shop friendly staff and the discount they give is awesome cant complement and thank them more , worth a visit

Terry