bmxican

tumbling eggs.

hey,

i have just stripped one of my tropheus today and got 14 eggs. i got sick of waiting for them spit themselves and they wont hold for more than a week for me so i decided to strip 1 for a change to see how i go...

at the moment i have them tumbling in a plastic strainer in the main tank. i want them all to survive so does anyone have any tips they can share on egg tumbling?

should i leave them in the main tank or put them in a smaller tank? or move them to another small tank

any advice is most welcome :!:

thanks

I often use the old plastic strainers with great success. I usually put them in my one foot tanks that I have for very new fry. They sit over the bubbles coming from the sponge filter and they tumble real well.

thanks everyone and beau for the links! i saw that one on sydney cichlid but i cant be bothered/too busy workin to make one just yet and i have plenty of strainers so yeah.. but i will look into it for the future.

i have 2 strainers one inside the other so the fish cant get to them. tomorrow i will put them into a smaller tank filled with water from the main tank and i was told to use meth blue at 1/3 of the dose rate so the eggs dont grow fungus... does that sound right?