Sign in to follow this  
brockssracer

removing Red forest fry

I would think that the parents would be pretty aggressive against other tank mates protecting their fry. If you are worried, wait until they are comfortable swimming on their own and then move them to their own tank.

the parents can only do so much as there are a pair of texas and a pair of jack dempseys in there. they go from having about 300 free swimming to bout 10 in a week.

Ok, well then in a tank like that, if you want them to survive, take them out asap once they start to swim on their own. They should be fine to feed by themselves.

the only fry food that I have at the moment is Aquafx fry bites. is there something else that i should be getting

I fed mine frozen BBS, and they took it. Just make sure to clean up anything that doesn't get eaten straight away.

You should remove the fry as soon as you can in a community tank, the parents will probably get injured trying to protect fry and you might not end up with any fry.

I just siphon them out with airline or gravel siphon into a bucket and usually move them into their own tank. Or if you have no free tanks use a fry saver in the main tank.

BBS is the best food, or you can feed rotifers, microworm or powdered/crushed food.

Well here they are and going strong!!!

[yt:179dlut1]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy3fqq7zl5A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy3fqq7zl5A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt:179dlut1]

slow man, im going to make a sump this weekend,then i have to prize some cash out of the wife,to get a pump and some matrix, that could take a couple of weeks, got some good fry there.

I got a piece of foam there thats for a filter that you may be able to use in ur sump. 40x15x7cm. its the black afro lookin stuff. ur welcome to have it.. Can drop it round anytime as ur not far.

Sign in to follow this