Aenek

mangrove jack

I think so. I have not done it myself, but I know in their juvenile stages they spend some time in total fresh water. Even as they grow they can move from salt to brackish water at will. They have even been stocked into some freshwater impoundments. Just take it steady and I wouldn't think you would have any problems.

Dave.

bugger off frenchy ya credit hog
I didn't say anything :lol: It is only a case of I cast my line into what I thought to be a good spot, then I get distracted{dam dog} & you pull it in :lol:

Yep, pooh does look good.

Josh, the little hook sticky taped to the end of the tank is what pooh{jack} was caught on.

Frenchy :D

The hook is gone :cry: Funny seeing the size of the hook, compared to the fish :lol:

Still worried about him though one day taking a chunk out of arm

He looks abit keen when cleaning the tank

:lol::lol::lol:

Who are you trying to kid :?::lol::lol::lol:

I have never seen you clean that tank :P:lol:

Then again I see

chunk out of arm
I see you didn't say "my" ..what you are worried about your staff then :?::idea: as if :P

Frenchy :D

Yeah thats him

He was caught down Tallebudgera Creek

Only about 500metres from the bar so Id say virtually full salt

Chcuked him straight into the 10ft would a heap of salt and he sulked for about a week and sat on the bottom wouldnt eat

Then onemornig came in to seehimswimming around sitting at the top waiting for a feed

Been great ever since

Tank is still kept brackish

Peacock Bass love it Just starting to spawn in there

Brad

often catch alot of mangrove jack and always wanted 1 for a tank, so i might give it a try, im sorta throwing around the idea to make a large plywood tank DIY style, 3m x 1m x 1.5m spilt into 3 windows so 1x1x1 13-15 mm glass or considering alcrylic, (its good having an uncle in the glass industry :wink: ), ive kept a salt water tank before with whitting - bream - young squire,sweetlip, yellow tail kingfish, and two flathead ( dont tell anyone @@) kept them for about 3-4 months together feed them fresh yabbies/worms which i collect each weekend. i got over them and started focusing on my cichlids so i released them all. only ever lost 1 fish in the tank and it was a mullet of all things it died 1 week after setting it up.

(anybody ever want any mangrove jack let me know :D ) as we catch them all the time, between 40-60 cms