Mark--T

bristlenose have patches

hey guys mark here have a question my male and female bristale nose now both have the white patches over them and the male is swimming at the top of the tank up against the glass. bit worried wot you wreaken.. the ph was fine.. and i added a bit of salt to the water but.... i am stuffed..

cheers mark

i used to have some bristlenoses and one got a few patches... no idea why but it went away after a few days. i thought it might be fighting with the male bristlenose cos it looked like hed sucked on the side of her..?

also just be careful how much salt you add with bristlenose they dont seem to handle it as well as cichlids do. about a year ago i lost 3 small bristlenose for no reason.. they were fine one day then gone the next. all my other fish were fine? and the only thing i could think of was the salt i added the day before...

anyway thats just my opinion. 8)

hey yeah mine get that from fighting. is it a ripping looking patch or a bit of a different colour. my commons change colours and they get like white patches on them kind of like you have rubbed them with your finger and the colour has gone. also changing the temp usually changes their colour to thanks.