tutters187

What's Your Favourite Fish Book?

the adventures of flipper...

.. its actually really hard to find good goldfish books...(espeacially ones in english too)...only ones I have seen(that are decent and not in the kids part of the library ;)) are fancy goldfish a complete guide to care and collecting and goldfish breeding and genetics...

Late again to a great thread...

I'll take you back to the Seventies and TFH Publications.

This was the first book I ever bought with hard-earned, pocket-money, cold cash...   $5.50AUD

I had visions of breeding them and making bucket-loads of $$$

58a80c7185e4c_Oscars003.thumb.jpg.e400f4d813954b3a72e5d8f2a870bc68.jpg

LOL

Grover

On 2/20/2017 at 7:32 AM, Slipshodman said:

As for "The Dragon behind the Glass" , i have never even seen it before , @mungor  let us know what its like mate

Finished reading it and its definitely a good read if you're into aquarium fish. Pretty much follows a journalist on her travels investigating the rare fish trade. Through the journey she meets people who have named some of our most common aquarium fish and even travels to the Amazon. 

30 minutes ago, mungor said:

Finished reading it and its definitely a good read if you're into aquarium fish. Pretty much follows a journalist on her travels investigating the rare fish trade. Through the journey she meets people who have named some of our most common aquarium fish and even travels to the Amazon. 

I've decided to buy this book as a hard cover thanks to your post. I have "Adventures with Discus" by Bernard Degen who describes his true life experiences collecting discus in the amazon. Running into jaguars, communicating with local people and cultures etc. 

I've got quite a few aquarium books (over a thousand at last count). Some very old and tattered, some in foreign languages, some in pristine condition. Many out of print. The really good ones,  I have several copies of. And the invaluable treasured ones I even have unopened copies of. The sign of an obsessed collector for sure. 

Bring on the next lifeline bookfest!!