Sign in to follow this  
gtr73

Acei with eye problem

One of my Acei, a 5" male, managed to damage his eye (in a fight I think) and it became covered in a white opaque bubble.

I put him in a hospital tank and have been dosing him with Melafix after a daily 50% water change everyday for the past week and a half.

However it looks like the eye is too far gone with no improvement from this treatment. In fact I think the eyeball under the bubble seems to have gone a red/brown colour.

Is there anything else I can do? Or should I resign myself to the loss of his eye. He's been housed in a 1.5ft tank for over a week and probably not good for him to stay in there too long.

But can't think what else I can do. :(

Thanks.

My Acei had the same thing happen to his eye. i just left it and it came good after a couple of weeks. It has never been 100% since but he can still see out of it and is happy and healthy

I would also try some sea salt added to your hospital tank. Chiclids do well with a lil salt in the water anyways and salt is somewhat ofa natural cure. I've added salt to hospital tanks before with good results. Just don't use too much. Also do not use table salt.... SOme people use pool salt but I prefer sea salt as there are a few more benefical minerals in it...

Anyways my 2 cents hopefully somebody else can back this up..

Good luck with fish mate

Matt

I tried the "multi-cure" meth blue last night, as I remembered it worked well with a Venustus I had once with a similar eye problem.

But salt's a good idea, I have the rock salt and I've used that too in the past.

cheers for the responses! :wink:

Sign in to follow this