Sign in to follow this  
Doug

Is my acei holding ?

Hi all,

still new to this breeding game, but I'm wondering if one of my acei is holding a mouthful or not

here's the link :

It's only about 10 secs or so and it unfortunately goes out of focus towards the end, but there should be enough there to make a judgement. I think it looks like it is holding, but I would have thought that the acei are too small to breed (ie they are about 6 cm and the wetpetz website says that they reach sexual maturity at 3" or so)

If you can watch it a let me know your opinion it would be great. Also, if you are experienced in this and you think it definitely IS holding, any advice on what to do next would be appreciated greatly (ie do I isolate her?, strip her ?)

Thanks !

Doug

Hey Doug

Didn't watch the movie cause I'm on dialup :(

Easiest way I've found is, apart from the swollen throat, is keep a good eye on the girl you think is holding and drop some food in front of her. If you watch carefully they swim up as if to eat the food but just swim around it.

Acei will breed at 6cm easy. Got a Ngara holding now that is only 6cm.

Its her first mouthful so I'm going to let her hold full term and spit or swallow. Whatever she decides to do. Teaches them to hold for longer for future spawns.

I usually strip around day 10-12. That way you don't have to tumble eggs as they are almost free swimming without their sacks. You could strip on day 5 and tumble eggs if you want but I don't do it personally. Haven't had much luck.

You could set up a tank for her by herself and watch her spit after about 28 days. Go the ice cream floatie.

Plenty of options :D

Chris

yep defenately holding i would get her out and put her in own tank let her spit em and then if u want take the fry out or just see how the mum goes with them

just my 2 cents

cheers steven

hi doug the is the age old question it is just like how long is a peice of string :lol::lol::lol: sorry mate there is no time bracket they will breed again when they are ready not you sorry :lol::lol:

and bad luck with the swollow she is still young she will learn to keep them alive and to look after them they always do it is just natural to them

good luck

mark

Sign in to follow this