Sign in to follow this  
mq_camo

Green terror x blue acara fry

Ok, so my male terror has gotten a bit jiggy with my female blue acara. There is about 100 fry swimming at the moment they started swimming yesterday morning. How long before I can move them into another tank. They are in a community tank at the moment. Also do I have to move the male and the female or can I leave them in the community tank. I didnt plan for this to happen, but I think they will be a pretty cool looking fish. Is there a way to get them to stop breeding with out getting rid either of them? Thanks.

Please don't distribute them. While our Andinoacara aquinoctalis lines aren't too bad, we were discussing a couple of weeks ago how we've never seen nice, true, Andinoacara pulcher for years.

Is there a way to get them to stop breeding with out getting rid either of them?

send them off to get married... that should do the trick :lol:

OK do not string me up everyone, I am only joking :lol::lol::lol:

Is there a way to get them to stop breeding with out getting rid either of them?

send them off to get married... that should do the trick :lol:

OK do not string me up everyone, I am only joking :lol::lol::lol:

Haha...but I do want them to be happy,

What other cichlids are in the community tank. I'd just leave the fry in the community tank, they'll get picked off eventually.

Its all good mate. Im sure a lot of the people that frown upon cross breed fish own cross bred dogs or cats. Im definately not going to flush them down the toilet....lol

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong, but all domesticated dogs belong to the one species, Canis lupus familiaris. So they are not hybrids, just line bred variants for specific traits. The cat is a different matter, most domestic cats are Felis silvestris catus, but people do stupid things, like trying to cross domesticated cats with the Caracal to produce a super domesticated hunting cat, or crossing a lion and a tiger (both belong to the sub-family Pantherinae {still a hybrid though}, while domesticated cats belong to the sub-family Felinae).

Anyway, dogs hybrids no, cats hybrids quite possible.

id leave the fry in and let them get eaten good supply of food :lol:

as for stopping her without seperateing them you will just haveto steel the eggs and dispose of in the bin they should be unsaveable after 20 houres or so

do not dispose of them in anny manner that they could survive

i no it seems mean but theyre not wright :(

but if you are interested to see wat the fruit mix will turn out like

save 10 fry and grow them up could be interesting display fish

for you only !

but as allready stated dont give them to annyone because good intentions and lack of knowlidg is a quick way to ruin the hobby not saying you would do that

just my opinion

john

Unless the law has been changed, you can still import Blue Acaras. Which actually means you can still import Green Terrors, since they are so similar. That is if breaking a random law doesn't bother you.

ok...well i was a bit worried about getting them (the fry) out of the tank but i came home from work and there were only about ten left in the tank, i thought they must have got munched, which i wasnt really worried about cause im not too keen on having 100 cross breeds, but anyway i did my ritual friday arvo thing, a few wild turkeys a water cange and canister wash out. i pilled out all the trays and tipped the crud from the bottom of the canister out i then looked in the canister and there was about 20 of the x breed fry left in the bottom, my mate and i couldnt believe it, they had been in my canister most of the day and still alive, anyway i put a bit of water in the canister and poured the remaining fry into my 2 foot tank, so i have gotten rid of a good portion of them. i run 2 canisters on my tank so i am thinking that the rest will get sucked up pretty soon....classic huh :whoa:

Sign in to follow this