Sign in to follow this  
ryjan

fish transport

im moving to darwin in july and am trying to find a transport company to move my fish. they will have to hold them for a week or two untill i get there and get my tanks setup but im wondering if anyone know a good transporter. they have to have an abn and be in either pets or transport industry otherwise i wont get reimbursed. any help appreciated, cheers

ryan

good luck in trying to find a company to hold them for you for 1 or 2 week, how about organize it first, let a friend mind your fish and ask them to either take them to the company or hold them till the company picks them up. :)

is that an offer to mind my fish???

i would be willing to get someone to mind them, although i dont trust any of my "friends" with my fish. would much rather give someone some money who knows what there doing.

Depends how many fish and tanks you have. Mine would take up a removalists truck on their own.

You could look in the yellow pages and look up pet transport. There are a few of them but not sure they move fish. Given a little time to plan and think about it, they may be adaptable. :)

Another idea would be for you to grab some tanks at the Darwin end to get cycling, fly back home and bag up all the fish and fly them back to Darwin yourself. You could even bag up the filters and stuff to keep the bio. Then get a mate to sell off the old tanks for you.

thanks for all the help, ive looked into the fish your allowed to keep in the territory and i just have to apply for a permit to import them, might cost a bit but would rather keep the colonies i have rather than start all over again

Sign in to follow this