wombat

9ft. Timber Stand...now with pics of the tanks

Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up some piccies of our new 9ft stand, we made this ourselves and is going to take 3 x 3x18x18 tanks, still need to add a few coats of varnish, then the tanks can go on, hopefully this week (still looking for some cheap, good quality tanks.) Already planning the 2nd tier which will fit on top.

The frame, before the slats went on

Fishtankstand9ft002.jpg

The finished product....minus some varnish and tanks

9ftstand002.jpg

Will post up some more pics once the tanks are setup

Thanks Beau,

Just waiting for the rain to stop, so we can finish it off.

Got more than enough fish to fill the 3 tanks now, especially after the auction,

thats why the plans for the second tier are starting :lol:

hi wombat the stand looks great i have been making a 6ft stand that is nearly finished but didnt think of taking pics along the way but i have atleast 2 more to make so i might do it next time will post some when i finish this one

have fun with the second tier will be interesting to see it done

mark

We have set up two of the three tanks now, here are some pics. Just have some of our smaller fish in there at the moment until they are fully established. House is starting to sound a bit like a fish room....

9ftwithtanksandfish002.jpg

9ftwithtanksandfish006.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments!

We are still looking for some sandsifters for that end tank and some black gravel so we can set up the middle tank. If anyone knows where we can get some at a reasonable price that would be great.

We did put foam under the tanks but I ran a strip of black contact over it so you can't see it. Turns out the floor wasn't level so we had to run a strip of foam along the front on the floor to level it all out.

Now I just have to make room somewhere else in the house for another one... :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, there is alot of sunlight - thats without any lights yet too.

The sand is from Moroneys - thanks for the tip it is great. I didn't even wash it!

Not entirely sure what we are going to stock these with - we keep changing our minds. We will put another photo up when the hood, lights, bubble wall are done and they are stocked with fish.