Sign in to follow this  
brisil

resun or eheim canister

Hi guys looking at buying a resun canister filter. whats ppls thoughts on them. are they reliable and worth the money, comes with 5 stage filtration, or should i just Eheim??????

for a standed 4 ft

thanks tony

dude the age old question

it really comes down to 2 things for me

what sort of fish i have in the tank if there expensive fish rare or just favorites then buy the best filter you can afford

second buy the best filter you can afford

there are a lot of cheaper one out there and they do a good job, with only the ocassional mishap. But they are not as reliable or as well made as ehiem.

You might buy a cheapy and it may last years with no problems or you buy one and come home only to find its crapped itseld and taken your prize fish with it.

just to confuse the issue eheim is not always perfect either but as a rule they certainly represent the top filters

peter

Personally I think ehiem is overated I had more of them crap emselves in the aquarium maintenance business than others I used and they were pricy to repair.

As per my other posts, I would'nt recommend haliea filter, some say they are good, but I've had nothing but greif, I have eheim and aquanova, I would put the aquanova on par witgh the eheim in construction and filtering, and thay are a fraction of the price

Regards

marc

Sign in to follow this