Sign in to follow this  
malawifish

Help! male or female yellow tail acei????

attachment:1uni12dw]

attachment:1uni12dw]

Hi everyone

Can anyone help to identify whether my yellow tail acei is male or female please?

It has nice pointing dorsal and anal fins with 2 egg spots. If it is a male/female then I will get it a wife/husband since it seems to be a nice specimen...Thanks in advance

Cheers

Toan

Hey Toan, it seems I am the only one on at the moment. I am a very raw beginner and probably shouldn't reply to anyone just yet but I was always under the impression that if there are egg spots then it is a male. I expect it may have something to do with the species aswell as I have a peacock that I think may be a male but has no egg spots and I have a e yellow that does have the egg spots. So until someone else replies who actually knows what they are talking about, it maybe back to google and some more research. Teressa.

Teresa

Thank you for your prompt reply and comment. As I am pretty inexperienced in sexing african fishes myself, even though most of my male african cichlids have egg spots but I've heard the only reliable method of sexing them is by venting and I have tried it once, it was very difficult to tell when they all looked very similar. I really hope someone with heaps of experience could tell me the sex by just looking at the photos.........

Cheers

Toan

Sign in to follow this