Sign in to follow this  
djdl

Strange Behaviour

I've noticed my male Ps. Zebra Long Pelvic doing something weird a couple of times this week.

I just added 3 females to his tank a week ago (thanks Mark T), and have since seen him swim up to them and have what looks like an epileptic fit i.e. his whole body just shakes for a couple of seconds.

I'm very impatient for them to start breeding, and was wondering if this is a sign that they are getting ready? Or is he just an epileptic fish? :lol:

well thats a sign that he is ready, he is showing off to the fish, however, depending on the size of the girls, they may not be ready. it just depends on how big and how old the females are.

yea wat nick said he does that to show ff to the girland make em want to breed with him but it depends on if the girls are old enough etc

cheers steven

Well he's certainly cranked it up a notch in the last hour or so.

He's honed in on one female in particular, and is chasing her around the tank and doing his little epileptic dance at every opportunity. I can't stop watching, it's awesome! :D

Well just got home from being out all day and no-one is holding yet.

The male is just hiding in amongst the rocks and won't come out. I think the girls have worn him out 8O

But I notice one of the females is now doing the shimmy dance. Surely its gotta happen soon.

Well just got home from being out all day and no-one is holding yet.

The male is just hiding in amongst the rocks and won't come out. I think the girls have worn him out 8O

But I notice one of the females is now doing the shimmy dance. Surely its gotta happen soon.

hmmm females dont usualy do it. are u sure its a female.

Also its funny i have a 3cm mpanga that shimmers and he looks like a little vibrator when he does it.

Well I was sold them as 1m and 3f. I already had a male so took the other one to my LFS and treaded him.

I must admit I did think it looked like 2 of each but I'm only new to this and was unsure so I took his word that I was getting 3 females.

This morning my original male is still hiding amongst the rocks. Could it be that the other one is also a male and has beaten him into submission?

Sign in to follow this