Sign in to follow this  
japes

My recent photos

It's on, me vs Greenterra! No, just kidding, but here's a few of my favourite snaps (out of not many) over the last month or so. Will only appeal to a minority ;).

PS. Yes, they're photoshopped.

I'll start with the bigger fish first..

leuco1024.jpg

Dominant male S. leucosticta.

leucofemale.jpg

Flaring female.

full.jpg

coralclean.jpg

blackchin2.jpg

Apistogramma sp. "Black-Chin/Schwarzkinn" - this photo really does him no justice, he's looking fantastic.

.. and a couple from my Rio Huallaga drainage cube. Very lightly lit (50W Halogen) - fish love it, looks fantastic, but it makes photos hard.

incamale.jpg

Apistogramma baenschi "Inka 50", Wild male.

cocama.jpg

Otocinclus cocama "Zebra Otocinclus"

tanks.jpg

"Fish Room" shot of my dwarf displays..

Nice photos again Japes. What do you do in photoshop? Just blacken the background or do you boost the colours a little as well?

Either way there nice!!

Awesome pics... what wild male you got am I right in assuming that it is wild caught?

Where do you find wild caught fish?

I'd hazzard a guess... Fishchick Aquatics :)

Nice photos again Japes. What do you do in photoshop? Just blacken the background or do you boost the colours a little as well?

The backgrounds already black, there's one photo there where I've moved the fish to center (the dom. male leucosticta shot). Other than that it's just a contrast adjustment, and removing a few floating specks here and there. I never play with the colours, the photoshop remark came from people making suggestions that I photoshopped the heads of the Orange Heads that I sold you, which you of all people will know is crap.

It's on, me vs Greenterra! No, just kidding, but here's a few of my favourite snaps (out of not many) over the last month or so. Will only appeal to a minority ;).

PS. Yes, they're photoshopped.

leucofemale.jpg

Wow! You brought it with this shot mate. Absolutely gorgeous! Was it with a flash or available light only?

Tank lighting only until I borrow some gear. All of the leucosticta, particularly the males, are more stunning. They're incredibly difficult fish to capture good, well exposed photos of in manual mode. Keen to see how I go with overhead external flash, as there will hopefully be less reflection (and resulting overexposure) from the sand at higher aperture. The leucos only show their real colour at certain angles too, with the spangling in their body scales.

Lovely shots, especially in ambient lighting. I'm an ex pro photographer but I'm really struggling to highlight/isolate my fish atm. Sand substrata plays havoc with the lighting and the macro seems to pick out flecks of crap that can't be seen with the naked eye..........not mine anyway :lol: back to the drawing board :roll: I suppose I'll end up photoshopping more than I would like.

Keep 'em coming mate

kev

Great shots as usual mate!

You know how I feel about the Leuco's .. but that Otocinclus cocama "Zebra Otocinclus" is something else - chance of a quick paragraph about the fish/your experience with them?

They're basically the same as regular Otocinclus. Completely oblivious to everything around them, grow to about 4-5cm, absolutely blitz Bristlenose as algae cleaners, without the piles of faeces too.

The backgrounds already black, there's one photo there where I've moved the fish to center (the dom. male leucosticta shot). Other than that it's just a contrast adjustment, and removing a few floating specks here and there. I never play with the colours, the photoshop remark came from people making suggestions that I photoshopped the heads of the Orange Heads that I sold you, which you of all people will know is crap.

Haha when there flaring I think the heads a reder than your photos :esup:

I know your tanks are black too, I worded it wrong. You answered my question though cleaning up the specks and stuff is what I meant :)

Sign in to follow this