Sign in to follow this  
loomis

Saratoga question

On Sunday I transfered my Saratoga Jardini into a different tank. I spent the weeks previous to the transfer making sure the water conditions in the new tank were identical to its old tank to limit any chances of something going wrong. The water conditions were a match, so the switch was made.

He has now gone 3 days without eating...I not overly concerned at this point, but before the move she would have a go at anything that moved. Now she simply is not interested. How long should it take her to relax into her new surroundings and start eating again?

Welcome on board mate, good to see some more people coming thru the doors at QLDAF.....

i would be starting to get worried at 5-6days then you may have a problem........

hope you enjoy yourself around the forums!! 8)

if you get a chance could you add your location to your profile please

any probs dont hesistate to ask a moderator for a hand :wink:

we have a Saratoga Jardini as well , it has been moved a couple of times and on both occasions have had the same problem. After about the 3rd or 4th day it started eating again no worrys . Same thing happens if we add a new tank mate gets a bit grumpy for a couple of days and gets over it.

hope yours is ok.

Welcome on board mate, good to see some more people coming thru the doors at QLDAF.....

i would be starting to get worried at 5-6days then you may have a problem........

hope you enjoy yourself around the forums!! 8)

if you get a chance could you add your location to your profile please

any probs dont hesistate to ask a moderator for a hand :wink:

Thanks you your reply. Thats about what I was thinking...maybe just a bit more paranoid about this fish compared to my other natives. With any luck she will be feedng by the weekend.

I have added my location to my profile...I know it may be a bit vauge, but thats all ya going to get...especially when asked by a moderator that has an avatar which is basically telling people to "f##k off".

Dont take any advice from Ryan.. He killed his...

i did.... i did what you did i got a bigger tank and swapped it but.... it died!!!!!

the next day!!!!

and thanks mate :roll:

Was the filter in the new tank mature?

The filter was changed over to the new tank as well...though the new tank was cycled for about a month before the Toga went in.

I feed him on whitebaits, which normally she takes from my hand. Yesterday I wedged one in the tank so she could take it when she felt like it...It was gone 10mins later.

I am doing the same thing right now (2pm Friday) and just waiting to see if she takes it.

Sign in to follow this