Cordial

Feeding prawns and white bait

Hey,

i was just wondering what your thoughts are on feeding fish prawns/whitebait from a seafood shop/markets.

I currently have a few frontosas ranging from 15cm-25cm.

I know there are people who are feeding prawns, but i really wanna know how safe it actually is (don't wanna see a fish having bloat), and also how small i need to chop the prawns.

Cheers

mate there is nothing wrong with feeding prawns/whitebait to fish.

Thats what all my fish live off.

I am a seafood manager at a woolies and there is nothing wrong with imported products. most of the whole green prawns in australia are australian. Make sure they are green and not cooked. The green ones are better for the fish as they hold more nutrition. Most fish will eat the shells but some are fussy.

Joff

Just make sure you only feed enough for the fish to eat immediately or the shrimps will pollute your tank quite quickly

I have had success with feeding my cichlids with the precooked shrimps.

mate there is nothing wrong with feeding prawns/whitebait to fish.

Thats what all my fish live off.

I am a seafood manager at a woolies and there is nothing wrong with imported products. most of the whole green prawns in australia are australian. Make sure they are green and not cooked. The green ones are better for the fish as they hold more nutrition. Most fish will eat the shells but some are fussy.

Joff

Lol, im a woolies seafood manager as well. I would agree. But id be going for the whole aussie greens rather than the imports.

fishing Bait isnt the best food, although it wont harm your fish immediatly im sure it could pose long term problems, all frozen fishing baits have certain preservatives to help them last longer in the aussie sun.

i used to feed it to my sharks and eels, now i used krill from hikari(frozen and triple sterilized) and fresh seafood that i would normally eat

I feed my guys as a treat once a week green prawn meat. I ogt a 1kg bag for $10 and i get out a couple at a time and cut them up into bite size bit for them. They love them even the b/n fight over the bits that make it to the bottom lmao. The ones I have are imports and there is nothign wrong with them. My fish are all still alive