Sign in to follow this  

some of my acei in my display tank are losing there slime coat..... they do not fight eachother and they are so peacefull

but they keep losing there slime coat and getting diseases... i ahve checked and my water parameters and i ahve checked my nitrates and it is fine and so in evrything else.....

what could be the problem.......

i am thinking the only thing it could be was stress?

any help be be awesome thanks guys and gals :)

What do you mean by losing their slime coat? Are there visible bare patches on their exterior and no scale damage, or are there marks in the scales as well?

What kind of decorations do you have in the tank? Further details on your water parameters are always helpful.

they have patches all over and are vwery exhausted like....

my decoration is rocks very tall rock piles.. they can go in and out very easy.....

like all three of my clown loaches did a suicide pact and died and i am hoping my acie do not do that ame thing!!!

Ammonia - 0

Nitrites- 0

nitrates - forgot it as i am at school now but it is a good ammount....

ph - 8.4

temperature - 26

i think....

Were the loaches in the same tank? If so there's a good chance that there's something seriously wrong with your water, as loaches with no scales will often be the first to succumb to any water issues.

I'd be looking to test your water hardness, and making sure any new decoration additions to the tank are removed asap.

I don't have one at this stage, but it's a test kit that would be included in the larger kits you can buy.

I think it's to test kH, can't confirm. Read on here a while back about someone having fungal growth because their water was too soft. One of the more experienced keepers will be able to help you out hopefully.

Sign in to follow this