Cemax

Male Fenestratus

I have been taking shots all bloody weekend and am only happy to show this one, but I'm still learning.

I picked up some new camera gear for my birthday on Saturday and here is the best one so far.

Photo is of the male from my pair - unfortunately I haven't got a worthy photo of the female yet...

4630770199_f98af81db9_b.jpg

He's a bloody big boy, simply gorgeous!

Thanks for looking, and would appreciate some feedback from the better photographers too.

Not bad mate. I'm an exp pro but I still struggle with fishy photos. Although I haven't got the same gear I had when I was a pro, that ain't my problem...............patience is :roll: so kudos to anyone who has, such as yourself. Slight more exposure needed...........if you're on manual flash, try upping it a quarter stop or less, but nothing PS can't put right

Adjusted levels and shadows and highlights and cloned out the driftwood.

kev

If you've got Photoshop, a simple Auto-Color/Contrast/Levels will do wonders. No flash there bidkev ;)

Edit: It's a good core image, crop is also your friend. Here it is with Auto-Colour/Contrast/Levels performed and a slight crop. No need to choppy chop any driftwood out either in my opinion, always adds a bit of depth.

What settings was it shot at out of interest? ISO seems quite high (800/1600, which would be about right if you've shot it at around F5 with tank lighting) so post processing can be a bit annoying.

I think it looks pretty damn good anyway, certainly nothing to smirk at. Running 1/80 you're going to get a few photos ruined by camera movement/shaking but that's just part of it. Once you pickup that 50mm 1.8 you'll be able to run 1/125 or faster and a lower ISO.

Appreciate the input japes. I'm very impressed with the camera.

It took me atleast 200 shots to get the one I was very happy with, there are some other decent shots in the bunch but the fish is usually not in a decent pose or the image looks soft/out of focus.

Trial and error though, planning on ordering the 50mm 1.8 asap.