well thats what i woulda thought!

ok its in my 5 foot tank that has been setup for over 12 mths from scratch never had a drama with it before now. weekly vac/s water changes only addition in the last 6 mths was a Display Jag which was from breeding stock of a well respected breeder off these forums so highly unlikely that was the source..

its got me mate! :?

Looks to be a polychaete worm but the pics not very clear. Look at the last one on this page and see what you think.

yeh i know my camera and or skills suck! hahahahaha!

nah not that one mate its the same thickness all the way through and its pretty well red with hundreds of little legs? hairs off the sides? :S doesnt seem to bother the fish at all?

thanks for the help guys!

looks just like a freshwater version of a bristleworm

in saltwater tanks - bristle worms eat detritus and keep the substrate stirred so they're good

but there are stories of them eating smaller fish or invertebrates

no idea for freshwater though but my guess would be, yes it is a polychaete

if it has the same properties at the bristleworm in saltwater tanks, you could keep it

although there is a risk that it might eat smaller fish or something

looks just like a freshwater version of a bristleworm

in saltwater tanks - bristle worms eat detritus and keep the substrate stirred so they're good

but there are stories of them eating smaller fish or invertebrates

no idea for freshwater though but my guess would be, yes it is a polychaete

if it has the same properties at the bristleworm in saltwater tanks, you could keep it

although there is a risk that it might eat smaller fish or something

hahahaaaaaaa not a problem mate its a yank tank smallest fish is like 20cm :lol: