le_fish

URGENT: NEED HELP GUYS I THINK MY FISH IS DIE-ING!!! :(

Hey guys,

need serious help, my blood parrot is not moving and won't move at all.

it's just sitting there breathing really strong, the others are doing fine, it's just this one.

tried adding salt to the water to get rid of bacteria etc but nothing.

any ideas please? before it DIES??!!! :( :( :(

i took some quick pics!

What are your water parameters? Pretty hard to diagnose any changes or adding salt unless you know what your starting with.

Personally I say knock the hybrid on the head and good ridden, but im sure you don't want to hear that :)

Grum.

What are your water parameters? Pretty hard to diagnose any changes or adding salt unless you know what your starting with.

Personally I say knock the hybrid on the head and good ridden, but im sure you don't want to hear that :)

Grum.

ph is at neutral 6.8-7.5 which is the requirements for the blood parrots.

water isn't wavy or anything. clean/crystal clear water.

Well you might aswell be pissing into the wind without those, could be any number of things causing it, first thing I would do is a 25% water change, and then take a water sample to a LFS and get it tested.

good luck,

Grum.

Judging from the photo it looks too late to do anything.

fish is 2 days in/new

Probably explains it, stress in the move is more than likely the reason for the health issues. How was it transported? They have gill and mouth issues due to the deformed heads, could have been agitated by Ammonia in the bag/bucket.

Buy test kits.

fish is 2 days in/new

Probably explains it, stress in the move is more than likely the reason for the health issues. How was it transported? They have gill and mouth issues due to the deformed heads, could have been agitated by Ammonia in the bag/bucket.

Buy test kits.

X2 do it a favor and euthanaise it :( it is a hybrid so was always gonna do it tough (they have tiny mouths compared to their body so feeding is difficult)

u learnt ur lesson the hard way get yaself some test kits or at least take a sample to the lfs BEFORE u go spend ya hard earned ;)

fish is 2 days in/new

Buy test kits.

X2 do it a favor and euthanaise it :( it is a hybrid so was always gonna do it tough (they have tiny mouths compared to their body so feeding is difficult)

u learnt ur lesson the hard way get yaself some test kits or at least take a sample to the lfs BEFORE u go spend ya hard earned ;)

and not buying ghay fish may help also ..... ;)

the less people that buy these ridicules fish the better imo

Without knowing the water parameters it is a bit hard to tell exactly what’s going on. It looks like the fish has gone into shock.

What was its doing on the first day. Was it eating?

If you are buying your fish from a shop, take a water sample with you and get it tested before you buy.

T

I would suggest that you get yourself following test kits: pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Hardness. These can be sueful when something goes wrong to understand it. I suggest learn to do it yourself to understand your water - but as Todd says you can get it done by your LFS.

I find the hardest change for a fish is from the shops to home. This move must be done carefully as the stress of being slushed around in a bucket/ bag is harsh. I take about an hour to transfer fish - mixing water and checking constantly. I am not so much concerned about temperature as the other properties of the water.

I agree with the others and don't like it's chances - assuming your water is all good - I would try and reduce stress for the fish - ensure other fish can pick on him - and turn out the lights.

Sorry for your likely loss.

damnit it was too late, it passed away after i changed the water.

the fish were transported via a Foam Box, with no portable air bubbler =/

i've realised they have gill problems as i saw it had weird red pieces sticking out of it's gills (abnormal)

well i sure have learnt my lesson, gonna go buy a master test kit tomorrow, any idea where to get them CHEAP?

Sigh, the blood parrot cost me quite a bit... :(

Thanks for the help guys, but it's too late anyway.

Cheers

Buy test kits.

and not buying ghay fish may help also ..... ;)

the less people that buy these ridicules fish the better imo

Blood Parrot's are not GHAY FISH!

They are the most spectacular cichlids out there.

Not to mention they are pretty exxy. i know Aquarium Warehouse sell them for $150 each for about 7-9cm.

Sorry you lost him :cry:

Russell at Redlands has them super cheap for members! Get the API Master Kit, it has all the liquid test kits mentioned above for around the cost a dinner whereas individual tests can cost around $15ea!

Oh thanks for the update BettaBettaB, will go check it out tomorrow morning as i work right next to there. what exactly is the price?

Thanks

Not to mention they are pretty exxy. i know Aquarium Warehouse sell them for $150 each for about 7-9cm.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude sorry for ya loss and all, as lost some fish last week also, i know how it feels

but cmon you gota be kidding me most spectacular :lol::lol:

but each to there own ..i hope it works out for you

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude sorry for ya loss and all, as lost some fish last week also, i know how it feels

but cmon you gota be kidding me most spectacular :lol::lol:

but each to there own ..i hope it works out for you

I'm just sad, cos i only got them not even 2 full days.

And had to save up quite a bit to get these.

Blood Parrot's aren't easy to obtain either, have been looking around for 2 months now. waiting waiting waiting boom.

No worries, thanks