Sign in to follow this  
gtr73

Acei eye injury - help

My P.Acei got into a biff and looks like some of the outer covering to his eye has been torn.

From other people’s experience, what’s best for an eye injury – Pimafix or Melafix? Or neither. As the course for these two medicines is 7 days, I don’t want to get thru a week and find out the other is more effective. More importantly I don’t want him to lose his eye!

He's currently in a small hospital tank.

Thanks.

I did a quick search on cichlidforum.com and couldn't find the exact situation you are experiencing albeit my search was brief.

Most of the posts re eye problems recommended a hospital tank like you've already done to alleviate stress as well as ensuring perfect water conditions and frequent water changes.

Salt and epsom salt was also recommended for some of the eye treatments. I would definitely do as Quasi suggests given his experience in the fish industry.

ps How are all those perfect yellows of yours coming along?

Peter :)

Yeah mate the Yellows are going great at the moment, got a full nursery tank again. I started feeding them New Life Spectrum and they love it, seems to have increased their happiness factor as well as colouration. :D

Thanks for the tips guys, I’ll keep up the water changes and use the salt - I noticed on the ACE forums someone using salt as well as Pimafix for a Popeye problem so might do that for a week and see what happens. He’s in a small tank by himself and has a piece of PVC pipe to hide in, so hopefully he’s not too stressed.

Let y’all know what happens.

Cheers. 8)

Sign in to follow this