and what would you like to discuss.

Ill start off, what do you think about tandanus catfish (eel-tail catfish)

IMO they are the shiz they can be trained, cheap, readily available if you know where to look, can become that monster that some aquarists love, eats anything.

What are your thoughts Shay or others?

Cam

I have trained mine to take worms and stuff from my hand although I am always careful :lol:

I would like to get a salmontail soon to accompany him when he grows out of my current tank.

Ive been keen on freshwater natives for a while now, worked at native fish farms, fished all SE QLD dams and kept an array of different natives and Im not even 18 yet lol. Any members keen to collect and experiance freshwater fish at all?

(all within fisheries legislation)

I love my Native tank. Have had my tandus since about 5cm would be easy 30cm now with heaps of character, still would have to say my jack is still my favourite. Cant wait to add a Jardini.....

hey guys just a quick question... im about to pick up my jardini on the weekend, its about 15cm and paying $130 is that a good price and if i put some other fish in with him while its young should it all be sweet? whats the best fish to go with jardini's?

I used to keep only natives, but in past couple of years have gone to American cichlids for a change.

My all time favourite native that i have kept is the Coal Grunter (Hephaestus carbo). This fish is truly beautiful as a juvenile, and is extremely active, hardy and entertaining. Mine quickly became tame enough to eat from my hand, yet retained that predatory instinct and was positively lethal to any live food introduced to his 6x2x2 home.

Sadly, I didn't own a camera for all the time I owned him, so only have memories... but fond memories. :):)

Good luck to all of you guys with your natives. In a few years I will likely get back into native keeping myself.

do it!

there's a bit of a conflict going on between my Jack and Murray. not a huge issue as yet but I'm a little concerned about coming events lol

Is anyone else having any issues with predatory nature or aggressive behavior?

PS i was aware of the risk of conflicting tank mates before i decided to experiment with a native multi-specie community tank.