fish head

Driftwood For Display Tank

I've got an ultra piece of driftwood with measurements of 90x40x40cm. Will suit 4 ft tank/pond or bigger. Can be sat in many differing positions.

Absolutely perfect for a Pleco tank, or a fish of predatory species - particularly a Mangrove Jack or Barra.

Sourced from the ocean, and treated in a chlorine bin for over 2 months - therefore should be much tannin left to discolour your aquarium/pond water...

NO BLEACH USED so perfectly safe to your Fish.

See pic.... attached - basketball in pic for size reference....

Driftwood.jpg[/attachment:22oiq2u8]

I'm after $250 for it though as Ive seen less quality pieces for more.

Cheers

Jono

I've got an ultra piece of driftwood with measurements of 90x40x40cm. Will suit 4 ft tank/pond or bigger. Can be sat in many differing positions.

Absolutely perfect for a Pleco tank, or a fish of predatory species - particularly a Mangrove Jack or Barra.

Sourced from the ocean, and treated in a chlorine bin for over 2 months - therefore should be much tannin left to discolour your aquarium/pond water...

NO BLEACH USED so perfectly safe to your Fish.

Cheers

Jono

Doesn't Bleach contain Chlorine? :?

As far as I am aware most bleaches are chlorine based hence once you bleach them you put them in clean water with neutralizer to get rid of the bleach.

Taken from wiki :

A bleach is a chemical that removes colors or whitens, often via oxidation. Common chemical bleaches include household chlorine bleach, a solution of approximately 3–6% sodium hypochlorite (NaClO), and oxygen bleach, which contains hydrogen peroxide or a peroxide-releasing compound such as sodium perborate, sodium percarbonate, sodium persulfate, tetrasodium pyrophosphate, or urea peroxide together with catalysts and activators, e.g., tetraacetylethylenediamine and/or sodium nonanoyloxybenzenesulfonate. Bleaching powder is calcium hypochlorite.

Many bleaches have strong bactericidal properties, and are used for disinfecting and sterilizing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach

Hi Guys, sorry i've been a bit busy with work.

LeRiche_Aquarious, That is probably a bit more than i wanted to spend, but its a great piece of driftwood,

I have a 4x2x2.5 native tank with a saratoga jardini in it, and yes i know i have to get a bigger tank im planing on getting a 6x2x2.5 in the near future but i wish i had it now. Im looking for a piece of driftwood that is probably mangrove root or something like that, not to big that it will over crowd the tank but still big enough to be effective, if you know what i mean.

Thanks

LeRiche_Aquarious: I'll PM you as I may be interested in that piece.... hopefully your negotiable on the price though coz that's what my LFS charges.

Fish Head: I do know what you mean, I've got a piece of Mangrove root somewhere a bit over a cubic foot in size.... If your interested I'll send you a pic...?

Cheers

Henzo

hey,

that is an ultra piece of driftwood i mite add.. would go nicely with some anubis and java moss around it.. i'd say 4x2x2 would be nicely filled.

i 've seen some at petcity just outside the door some looks pretty good but so is the price. :)

good luck with that sale LeRiche_Aquarious.

Hey 2 things hannessey what's the fish in your dp

secondly I have a peice that's not too big not too high kind of sits like a triangle not to high for the Sara to hurt it's self $50 :) I can send a pic of it if you send a email or number :)

Its a Red Terror :egrin:

yep thats a red terror. i went to his house to see this wood and yeah its big.. prob be better in a 6x2x2 tank.. and that terror is clearing 20cm nice fish and he has a pleco that looks like a L333 but i dont think it is.. hey lerich can you post a pic of that L-pleco maybe start another thread..???

thanks