beginer

My BN has a red hairy worm in the bum, what should i do?

Hi,

I've been away for a week and suddenly when i come back the tank water looks so dirty, THere is a big lump of red hairy worm at the bottom of the tank and i notice the BN are hang out on the wall with the worm at his bum as well.

I've cleaned the tank and do 50% water change. what should i do?

Thanks

Don't pull the worm out you will do more harm than good.

Get panacure (and possibly big L too) let him try and pass the worm himself.

Make sure to do daily vacs so they can't eat the worm again, if you can put down some raised egg crate so any worms will fall below the reach of any fish.

This morning I've put the BIG L into the water. the tank is 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft and i put in 15ml. Tonight the worm are still stick in the bum :S

do I need to repeate the doze again tomorrow morning?

Some BN are dead, most of them has a black belly and the worm stick out of the bum :S I've move the rest to another cycled aquarium and hopefully they are survive.

The strange thing is that the worm outside the fish is still survive and seems that BIG L is not affected them at all... what should i do :(:(

Some BN are dead, most of them has a black belly and the worm stick out of the bum :S I've move the rest to another cycled aquarium and hopefully they are survive.

The strange thing is that the worm outside the fish is still survive and seems that BIG L is not affected them at all... what should i do :(:(

Re-Read the thread... :roll:

these the meds mainly stun the worm only making them release their hooks and pass out of the infected fish.

I read the tread and realise that its only stun the worm so it can be pooped by the fish.... but the dead fish still got the work stuck on to the bum... and i watch the fish for couple of hour as it hangin on the glass, but none of the worm are fell off the bum.