hey just wondering how long it takes u guys to grow out african fry

i now dif spec grow at dif rates but just in general

as my blue dol have been free swiming for 5 - 6weeks and are between 3-4 cm but my

m-baliodigma have been free swiming for 3 weeks and are the same size just wondering wat is other peoples growth rates? and for wat species ?????????????

yeh i hear americans are slow but never tryed breading them

i just find it strange that malawi mabuna are so geneticly similar but have such dif grwth rates and grow in dif satges

ex

my acei grow slow till they hit 1cm ish then have a growth spert but maingano/baliodigma grow so fast till thy are around 3/4cm then slow then shoot of again around 6ish cm i was just wondering wat other peeps had noticed

i keep all my fry (free swiming till 4 cm in 3 foot tanks fed by trickle filters with coral bones and replace sponge with diff ones for better prefomance -finde that the small amount of current helps . also 2x 10-15 % water change a week . then move the larger fry to 4ft tanks when they around 4cm

wat do other people use to run there fry tanks???????

I have bred americans and have found that they take a 3 months to get to 3cm. but i have just been breeding more guppys then anything atm and i do 25% daily water changes same as i do with all my fry and i feed 5-7 times a day small amounts and a holiday feeder block and i have notice with all my fry not just guppys a massive improvement in growth. i also just use sponge filters.

I have bred americans and have found that they take a 3 months to get to 3cm. but i have just been breeding more guppys then anything atm and i do 25% daily water changes same as i do with all my fry and i feed 5-7 times a day small amounts and a holiday feeder block and i have notice with all my fry not just guppys a massive improvement in growth. i also just use sponge filters.

Eff that! :lol: i mean i love my fish but by the time i got around all the tanks it would be time to start at the other end again! :lol:

oh and OT yeh different fish different growth rates ;) should try growing out frontosa hahahahaha

biggest thing i found is FRY/tank ratio.. i have a 2 foot tank with about 100bn in it. in the tank with the parents there is about 10 fry that escaped early and i didnt bother to catch them. i found the 1;s that escaped are 2ce as big as the others over a 6 week period.

ive got tropheus and my fry are about 1cm or something close (cant measure them in the tank) and they've been out of the mothers mouth for a month now

so she would've been holding for a 4 weeks (a month) prior

so in total 2 months = 1cm fry

the fry are in a 7ft tank too

I got my Albino Pindani fry only 2 weeks from free swim they grow from 0.8cm to 1.7cm some of them are close to 2cm but somes are smaller than others, I guess the big one must be male and the small one are female and plus I feed them 5 to 6 time/day, water changing 15-20% every 5 days with temperature around about 28.5 degree. Cheers