mq_camo

mangrove jack compatability

hi, i have a mangrove jack that is in a 3 footer at the moment, it is only 6cm, i want to put it in my 6x2x2 which is full of americans, texas, jag, salvini, cuban, flowerhorn, trimac, fh x red devil, fh x texas. in a month when i want to transfer him i will only have a jag, trimac, salvini and texas, what are peoples thoughts on this? the largest fish is a tex who is 25 cm. the rest are about 10-15cm. i know i will need to eventually up grade. should i risk it with the jack, he should be a fair bit bigger in a month, i dont want to loose him as it took me a while to find one. thanks

I'd probably wait till he gets 10cm or bigger, a jack can hold their own, but a 6cm fish against a 25cm fish, especially American cichlids, the Jack has no chance imo. Unless he constantly hides, but whats the fun in that. 6cm would almost be a meal for the Tex.

I wouldn't risk it, just grow him up a bit more they don't take long.

Seph

yep i would wait till 10cm mayb move all the ornaments around just before you do it and keep them well feed. as eddie said theses a good change you will end up with only one fish, the jack. have kept small jacks with africans until they gettoo big. but they go great until then.

cheers

mick