found this on yellow pages hope it helps

http://www.brightonvetqld.com.au/

Exotic pet clinic

Having secured the full time services of Dr Vanessa Gray BVSc(Hons)MACVSc, who has been a member of staff for many years, Brighton Veterinary Surgery is proud to unveil our EXOTIC PET CLINIC. Dr Gray provides rodents, guinea pigs, fish, amphibians and reptiles with the best possible veterinary care based on her combined years of study and experience with these species. Of course, your dogs and cats will still receive the highest standards of attention and skill from all our veterinarians and nurses alike. Our staff remain committed to the Brighton Veterinary Surgery philosophy, YOUR PET – OUR PRIORITY. Each patient, regardless of species is always treated as if he or she were a family member.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome, thanks guys!

I did come across the first one last week and when I called to enquire, they said a consulation fee would be $90. I really didn't want to pay that much unless I could find noone else.

Hopefully, the Brighton one will be a bit cheaper.

I'll give them a call as soon as they are open next.

Whats wrong with your fish? We can all have a crack.

If its in the to hard basket, there is a person on here I would ask before any vet.

Frenchy :sheep:

Feel like a challenge? ok here ya go! I'll attach some video and try to find some pics later. You are looking at the lump in his right gill

It has been recurring for months now and has been going through a cycle of growing, the something bursts and his gill cover is flat for a few weeks, then it grows again. This was happening over and over but now it's just growing. He loses most of his food out of his gills and he even can pass gravel out his gills when he's sifting through it. His gill cover is WAY open.

I seen this exact same thing happen to my oscar no one know what it is. It took him about almost 5 months to die. He will eat less and less and die. i tried everything nothing seem to work. That thing will grown and grow untill it come out the gills and blocked up the mouth. sorry about the sad news :( i miss my oscar

If it regularly bursts it sounds like something foreign has lodged in it.

Maybe if you burst it yourself and syringe the area with saline you might dislodge it.

Otherwise it will eventually go hard and callus over and longterm if it doesn't turn into a large growth the body may dissolve it internally.

It hasn't burst in about 8 weeks and continues to grow. There is no way on Earth I am going to attempt anything on it myself, that's what I wanted the vet for - someone that knows what they are doing. This has been going on since November so I think if the body was going to do something it would have done it by now. $$ hasn't been an option to get it looked at before but I've saved a bit up to take him to see someone to fingers crossed for a postive outcome.

It sounds like it is possibly anchor worms.

The break out every couple of months could be the next cycle of the worms hatching and exiting the skin.

The hole would be caused form the small ulcer type sore that is created from being in such a thin piece of the fish (gill cover).

Have a google of anchor worms and see if it compares to your fish.

There is a wide range of meds to fix the problem very cheaply but it can take several goes to get them all.