turco

heating sumped system HELP HELP

hey guys this is me system

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28583

im having trouble heating it i have a jager 300 w running in the sump and a aqua one 300w in the top 4 footer the bottom 4 footer isnt hooked up to the main system the problem is i have a breeding pair of discus and can only get the temp to close to 27 in the day and of a night it falling to like 25 i have insulated the backs of the tanks with some thick stro and sheeted the side with pine and well as of a night time placing a drop sheet over the front to keep the temps up

i just dont know wat else i can do to get the temp up im just worried that the temps would be too cold for the parents and fry so have had to isolate them from the system with a separate heater and help you can give me would be awesome thanks

maybe run a fluro light above the tank overnight should get you those 2 degrees. my sumped system runs at 26.5 during the day and 24.3 at night. if i leave the lights on overnight 6x 4ft fluros over 8x 2ft tanks, 1x 4ft tank and a 1000l drum with a 3ft sump with only 1x 300w and 1x 250w heater it stays at 25.9 degrees.

might try leaving them on over night instead of all day i checked this morning at 6 before i went to work and they were down to 23.5. Cant place lids on the tanks as i have no lid supports and i have the returns going in about 10cm from the front thank you for the help guys am thinking i might get some insulating bats from bunnings and put between the tanks and the shed wall think this might help too :)